At last, today Gypsy received some long-awaited attention. I stalled for awhile on the under-floor storage framing because I wasn’t sure how to construct part of it, but I think I’ve got it all figured out now. Today’s task: vinyl lining.
Now seems like a good time to adhere vinyl to the surfaces that will see the most abuse, so I went to town with the contact cement and pressed the vinyl in place. Tomorrow I’ll be able to trim the vinyl, screw the pieces down, and call the framing done.
The storage compartments under the floor also need to be lined with something to protect the OSB, so I somewhat haphazardly dove in to that as well. The piece of vinyl remnant that I cut and glued down is really just glorified shelf liner, and while I could have measured everything out and trimmed the edges to fit precisely, I opted to keep things quick and dirty. My only saving grace is that it will all be hidden from view.
If you watched the video, you might be wondering what the plastic sheeting was about. I pinned that in place, traced the outline of the compartment with a sharpie, and then laid the plastic sheeting over the vinyl to use as a template. Holding everything down with a couple paperweights, I trimmed the vinyl with the plastic sheeting overlaid on top as a guide. It worked nicely.