There are many ways to say it, but they all mean more or less the same thing: the current plan isn’t working. Change it.
Some people see revisions as failures—as if everyone is supposed to execute everything perfectly the first time around. As if experiments and theories were always proven on the first try. Not so. Revisions mean growth. It means you learned something that you didn’t know before. It means that you’re now a teeny tiny bit smarter. Revisions mean evolution, and that’s always a step in the right direction.
Or maybe I simply have trouble finding fault in myself. Hmm.
Gypsy’s second bed design isn’t behaving like I thought it would. The plan was to fasten welded steel mesh fencing to the frame to support the mattress. Fencing seemed like a good option because it was relatively lightweight, and would allow the mattress to breathe. It seemed stiff enough that it wouldn’t deform or get stretched out. I was hoping that with the right installation technique the fencing would stay taut enough to hold a mattress.
No such luck.
After fastening the first piece of mesh fence material to the bed frame I tested the tautness only to find that it sagged more easily than a homie’s pants.
After pondering all the options—there were several, with varying degrees of insanity—a revision is in the works. I already have all the materials, and the best part is I think I could be 95% finished with the bed in less than 20 minutes. (The other 5% will likely take the rest of the day, as it usually goes around here.) Stay tuned for the conclusion.