There’s still lots of work to be done on Gypsy. While some things are more pressing than others, yesterday I decided to tackle the least pressing thing my list: reworking some of the fresh water tank plumbing. Sometimes you just have to go with what inspires you.
Mind you, the plumbing was working just fine, but I didn’t like how the vent hose and drain pipe needlessly took up so much trunk space. I had to do something about it.
Replacing the straight fittings coming out of the tank with elbow fittings, thereby rerouting the hoses, worked wonders to declutter the area. Additionally, I cut off a large portion of the drain pipe when I realized that the extra length wasn’t necessary. Since the cap on the drain pipe connects via 1/2” NPT, when I want to drain the tank all I have to do to is screw on a 1/2” NPT hose (such as a typical supply line hose) to extend the length. It’s much simpler keeping the drain pipe 3 feet long and then having to wrestle with the extra length every time I need to store something in the trunk.
The somewhat nifty way I hung the fill hose (green) from the bed frame with zip ties and twine is just a temporary solution. Eventually, the end of the fill hose will be mounted upright against the doorjamb, but this works for now to at least keep the area looking organized while Gypsy rests in the driveway.