Low-e insulation installation notes

• 3 Replies

rhmlnaa

Low-e insulation installation notes
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:38:03 AM »
All,
After reading one of Chris's posts about how to install Low-e insulation barriers I did more research, below is a link to an interesting YouTube video with a good lay-person explanations.  I also called this company for a further clarification and here is what the said.

1- the reflective barrier should always be between the outside wall of any structure and the interior space being insulated.
2- there should always be at least a 1/2" gap between the outside wall and the reflective barrier.
3- the reflective barrier can be touching or adhered to an insulation product like ridged close cell foam, or fiberglass insulation as long as points 1 & 2 are done.

http://youtu.be/E1IwS0_lpBc
This company is attic foil.com and the have several other good videos

Rick and Maki

rhmlnaa

Re: Low-e insulation installation notes
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:50:10 PM »
All,
Clarification to the previous post.  There should be nothing but an air gap between the reflective barrier and the outside wall of your structure or van.  Any other insulation product should be between the reflective barrier and the inside wall of the structure or van.

Van wall >| air gap |< reflective barrier, insulation | <  interior wall

Rick and Maki

Vanholio!

• Welcome to the Revolution!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:22:15 PM »
That was a great video! I finally get it. Totally wasted my time the way I did my Reflectix.

Chris

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »
Yeah, I feel like I wasted my time (and money) too. I blame the EZ Cool website. They have tons of photos of their insulation spray mounted right up against the metal body of the vehicle. Ugh, I gotta take down all references to their site. Not an easy chore.