Hello!

• 2 Replies

Dj_Xyster

Hello!
« on: May 30, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »
I hope this forum takes off, Its super cool! I also hope more and more people begin realizing this is a sweet way to live!

Does anyone know about winter living? Can I insulate and heat my water and greywater tanks? I want to cook, clean, and shower in the winter. Michigan winters are ~6 months and COLD!!! say -10F often.

If winter living is not great I'll still build something for running mobile seasonal jobs and future camping!

Chris

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:02:12 AM »
Yeah, I hope it does too. I really like the community aspect of van dwelling. I gotta be more active on the forum myself.

Yes, you can heat water tanks. Tank blankets are probably what you're looking for. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/tank-blanket-20-gallon-ac/71648

However, you'll probably need a large solar array, shore power, or a generator to power it. I'm really not sure if it's feasible to run a tank blanket 24/7. Anyone else out there know?

rhmlnaa

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 01:20:35 PM »
Welcome Dj_xyster,
My wife and I have just started building out a Ford Transit.  We are in Ann Arbor if you are ever this way let me know.  I am trying to stay active on the forum.  Chris is a wealth of info.  If you haven't already, just search YouTube for camper vans and you can watch videos ad nauseam  ;)

Rick and Maki